Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Decrapification" of the scrapbook room!!

Well hello again! It has been the craziest summer, and it shows on my blog!! My goal is to post at least 2 days a week... so we shall see how that goes.....


Ok, now onto business. I have this amazing scrapbook room that Mr.Wonderful built me last year, and over the summer it was a little abused. Ok, let's get real... it was REALLY abused!!

Here is what it looked like last year.






Not too bad, just WAAAYYY too clutter for this OCD crafter!

Ok, so that looks pretty good compared to what you are about to see. I am ashamed to show you this, but in all honesty the only reason it looks the way it does is because I have 3 small children, and this was the only place i could "park" stuff until i put it away. HAHAHA it only took 3 months to put it away!








OK, it's over, I showed you my dirty secret. I have problems, yes I have figured this out. While my Bestie Heather was over to help me clean this room out, we discovered that Ihave about 3 of everything that I dont even need!!



So we spent one night cleaning most of the stuff you see in these pictures out, and then tonight I really went full speed and re-arranged, and re-organized the whole space. I am loving it, and cant wait to start working in there!












OK, so there you have it. And for some reason blogger is being a pain in the butt tonight with the pictures, so I will show you more of how I organized and decorated in another post!
Thanks for checking this out!
I am linking up to the following party for the first time!! YAY!

8 comments:

The Autocrat: Haley said...

I am lucky enough to have my own room too; however, I am extremely envious of your island style workspace. I wish I would've laid my out my space a little better . . . maybe my next one cause I know I won't live here forever. You sure do have a TON of supplies. Great job on cleaning it up! It truly looks fabulous!

Sawdust Girl said...

Awesome! I can't wait to be that organized. Well, let's face it, I will never be that organized but I hope to get close sometime!

Unknown said...

Thank you ladies! I am an OCD organizer, and i really should do more posts on that, and I think I have a little OCD on having plenty of everything! I would love to see pics of your craft rooms, send me links if you have them!!\

Thank you again!

Amy Meyer said...

It is official. I need your craft room! I hate all of my stuff just hanging out arond the house! It look fabulous!

chris said...

What a wonderful work room! Create up a storm.

Kristin @ Daydream Designs said...

I would kill for your craft room! It's so cute and organized!

Tanya said...

Great job! Love all the storage you have. I used to have a reasonably organized craft room, too, (http://sewmanydreams.blogspot.com/2009/07/shelves-are-in.html) but I jammed too much stuff into it, and now it's looking much like your before pictures! Enjoy your 'new' space!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Hi Jenn, What a great space - I love all the color and of course the organization. Very well done. I featured this today. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for linking to The Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it. Hope you enjoy your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!