Tuesday, July 19, 2011

T-Shirt Refashion!

Over the last few months I haven't been able to get a ton of projects done, but I did manage to sneak in a few fun things for the kids.

Today I wanted to share a quick little t-shirt refashion that I did with the help of one of our house guests! (we've had 10, and 2 dogs over the last month)

Sadly enough I do not have a tutorial, or before pictures, but I am sure you all know what a mens t-shirt looks like.

With that said, I found a brand new New England Patriots shirt at Goodwill for $3, and knew exactly who would be the new owner of that item! Our daughters best friend (and neighbor) is a HUGE New England Fan.

Here is the dress in all it's glory!  (ignore the sass you get along with the dress)

My loverly friend took scraps of material and stitched it in a circle on the dress creating rosettes.  But before that, she tried it out on another scrap, and in the end we decided that it made an adorable headband.  SCORE!!  2 for 1 deal here folks!!  LOVE scraps!



Once this dress was complete I got the "Mom, why don't I get a new t-shirt dress?"  ok, i will admit, I did feel kind of bad.  So the next day us ladies went thrifting and I was on a mission to find a t-shirt for my daughter.  I ended up in the plus size section and scored on an old navy polo top.  Super soft, and adorable to say the least!

Here is what I did with that one!



Same ideas, different style!
I hope you enjoyed them!  They were super fun to make, and I hope to have a tutorial for you in the near future.  For now, I need to get busy getting ready for my brothers wedding (I am doing all decor, helping with flowers, and photography!)

I am linking to the following parties:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!