Friday, October 8, 2010

Childrens Book Wreath!

Can I just start by saying that I LOVE this wreath!! I have been thinking about doing this for some time, and thought I would just stop thinking and start it!! This is a gift for the most wonderful teacher Ashley. (Heather, you don't count, you are awesome too)

Warning: If you are a librarian, please turn away now.




I started with the wreath foam from the dollar tree, glue gun, childrens books ($0.49 each at the thrift store) and ribbon (not pictured.) I later added some grungeboard letter and ink from my craft stash.

I cut the pages out of the book, and into 4x3 inch squares.

I used a pen to form the paper into the shape I wanted
Then added some glue and started applying them to the wreath. (this take a LOT of time, so be patient)


Here is the beginning of the process.

Here it is after I added the ribbon.















And WALA! There you have it, a Childrens Book wreath!!
I should also tell you that I got thebook wreath idea from
Thanks for looking!!
I am linking up to the following parties:
somewhatsimple SYS Linky Party
Sawdust & Paper Scraps here !
UndertheTableandDreaming


















































3 comments:

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!