Tuesday, February 1, 2011

100th Follower!!!! & a thrifty Re-Do!

WOW!! Ok, so i sat at 99 followers for 3 days!! I thought I'd never get to 100, and then I hop online to do my post, and I have 102?!?!?! I will tell you that I owe most of it to Sara @ Thrifty Decor Chick, she did a feature on Newbie bloggers and you can read about that here.

Ok, now it's party time!!!


So, for having 100 followers I would like to do a giveaway of some sort. I have everything crafty from under the sun, more paper crafting supplies than anything, so If you want me to do a giveaway please leave a comment and tell me what types of things you are into, or looking for!! I am telling you, I've got a ton!!


Today's post is of a tray that I picked up at Goodwill for $0.99!!



I had no plans for it when I bought it, but as soon as I came home I knew right away! I am sure most of us at one point or another have had the controller chaos in our living room! WHY oh why do we have so many remotes? This is what our end table looks like 9 days out of 10..... actually it's missing a pile of paper or magazines that manage to pile there all the time....



So I whipped out the tray, took off the handles, gave it a light coat of Heirloom White paint, and then took my 220 grit sandpaper and shabby'd it up a bit! I LOVE it!! Here it is in all it's glory:


Here is what it looks like on the table, in use! We shall see how long it takes before the kiddos take it to use it with toys or something... I give it about 13 hours.....



And here is a close up so you can see the finished look on the paint. It took about 15 minutes for this to dry, and then I was able to sand it to give it this look!



Alrighty, that's it for today! I want to say THANK YOU! to everyone that has stopped by my blog and especially to those you who are my followers! And remember to leave a comment so I can get a giveaway started!!!!
Muah! -- Jenn

I am linking up to the follow parties:

5 comments:

Katie @ OhhBaby said...

This looks so good! We have remotes everywhere. Maybe I need to do this too!

Hi I'm Amanda said...

We are not greedy!!! Anything would be fantastic! =) And I am one of you new followers from TDC... and I commented on your nephews post.
Prayers, Amanda M

mary said...

its cute!! I would say to go for it and line it with pretty paper but I am sick like that. loll.

seriously my goodwill is full of garbage.

Archaeologist said...

Congrats on 100 followers, and add one more!!

Katie's how to said...

This is adorable!

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!