Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Finally a Picture Wall!!!

I have been collecting and collecting things from thrift stores to use on my big fat bare wall! I was dying to try and get away from so much symmetry, and I have been seeing all of the wonderful picture walls pop up in blog land. I did mine a bit different, by adding all sorts of elements...

Let me take you on a little tour of the process.

My husband just finished the trim on the back wall of the living room, and gave the entire wall a fresh coat of paint.  He told me I was not allowed to touch the walls or put anything back on them!  HAHAHA Soooo.. I waited until he was at work!!  That's just how this mommy rolls!

Here is the before:


My children had some friends over on Friday for a play date, and us mom's had a play date of our own at the same time.  I was talking to their mom about how I wanted to do this to my wall, and she perked right up, and said "LET'S DO IT" !!!  I was so not prepared and had a moment of fear thinking I didn't have everything I needed.... well aparently I shop enough, and had enough stuff stashed.  So we started laying them out on the ground to get the design that we wanted!  I say WE because she was a BIG part of this whole design.  THANK YOU KRISTA!!!

 After it was all laid out, we traced the frames onto some kraft paper and taped them all to the wall.... I was in LOVE.....  This was such a big space to fill, and I really wanted something that filled the space, but wasn't too bulky... does that even make sense? Is this too bulky??  ok moving on....

At about this point my best friend Heather showed up to join in on the fun!  This picture was taken about half way through the hanging party, and we were all squealing with excitement over the results!!  LOVE!!!

This is my "Final" picture for now!  I still have a few changes that will be made, like painting some of the frames, and adding a couple more pieces (notice the paper still on there?)  I am not hooked on the gold frames, but Krista is trying to get me to keep them!  Once I get it 100% completed, I will come back with some close up photos of whats on this wall!

Thanks for stopping by!  Leave me some comment love if you have any ideas for my wall!!!

I am linking to the following parties:







giveaways

Catch a Glimpse Button

15 comments:

OurForeverHouse said...

Looks great! I did a picture wall this week and it is so scary to start to put all those holes in the wall but the results are amazing.

Katie @ OhhBaby said...

I love this! I really like the way that you mixed other objects in with your pictures. And the "S" is a great touch! Your little oval mirror is amazing too! I really just like it a lot!

StaceyJeannette said...

Love your wall! What did your hubby say? :)

Unknown said...

Oh thank you so much for the sweet Comments!! Stacey, I didn't even think of telling everyone what he thought!?!?!

He walked in the door just as we were racing to put the tools away and clean up our mess.... it took him a minute to realize what we were up to, and to be honest, I think he liked it. At first he had the look of "what on earth is that?" and then the "i said nothing on the wall, and there is like 50 holes now" but he never said a word!! Hahaha, husbands are GRRREAT!!!

Katie's how to said...

ABSOLUTELY Gorgeous!!!!

katieshowto.blogspot.com

my3littlebirds said...

You did a great job. I have been thinking of doing this and you just may have given me the inspiration I needed! Thanks.

http://my3littlebirds.blogspot.com/

PaisleyJade said...

Wow - love this!!!

Rustown Mom said...

Looks great - I think you have the same color on your walls as I do - is it called Tobacco Leaf? Very pretty!

Erica {B is for Boy} said...

This is so cool! Great idea tracing the shapes first. I am wanting to do this in my front hall...going to use your idea!
erica @ bisforboycreations.blogspot.com

La-Dee-da crafter said...

I love this and you are giving me the courage to do it to my wall. I have one wall that is so large in the upstairs hallway, so I have been wanting to do this. Love it! Bravo. Found you at Allie's party.
ladeedacreations.com

Jenn said...

I love it!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The wall looks great!

the cape on the corner said...

i love the way you tested it out! i am thinking about doing something similar behind my tv, but i'm not 100% sure of the execution. i don't want it to look to busy. yours looks great, and is definite inspiration!

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

LOVE IT! It looks fabulous! Great job and thanks for linking up!

Melanie Bacom said...

Years ago when we did a major remodel, my son said, "You know you don't have to fill every wall." I do not agree. Walls are to be decorated. I really like your wall. Check out my living room wall in today's blog. http://mmbcreations.blogspot.com/2011/02/marvelous-monday-marvelous-bloggers.html

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!