Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fun Idea {Blogger jewelry fail}

It's not a complete fail...so let's start from the beginning.

Last month a friend and I took our two daughters to the mall and had some mommy/daughter retail therapy.  I dont know about you, but I hardly ever go to the actual mall, and NEVER go into JC Penny.  Well we happen to enter the mall through JC Penny, and made a quick pass through the jewelry dept.

I found a few fun things for soooo cheap.  I mean like $2 - $7 cheap!!  This whole post is because of this necklace right here:



Cute right?  It was $7!!  I got it home, and started thinking I could re-create this with washers from Home Depot!

So that next morning I set out to find some trinkets.  Later that day a couple moms (they are friends) from the school came over so the kids could play, and my bff also came over as well.  We kind of had a little impromtu big girl play date.  We whipped out all sorts of supplies to see what we could create....

Let's just say, it was fun.... but not all that productive!  Ha ha ha!  We did have some great laughs though.  Here is how it went....

Lot's of kids, wanting to create with us.....


 Big Messes.... oh Starbucks and Slurpees too...  maybe we should have had wine spritzers instead?



Fun trinkets....


 Random Creations....


Here is my personal creation!  I actually do kind of like it, and have worn it!


But I will admit... the BFF Heather won this craft off!  Hers turned out amazing.... she cheated though.  We were creating necklaces, she went the easy route and made a brooch.  I LOVE it!!


I will definitely give this another try sometime.  Maybe when there arent oh.. 8!!  Kids running around.... 



Be sure and stop by all of the link parties I like to play at, by finding the links on my side bar...  Thanks for stopping by!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!