Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Lucky Day {A Vintage Treasure}

I have a few posts lined up, but then something happened today, and I am just too excited not to share.  Now you are probably thinking I found some diamond ring, or even a piece of gold, especially if you are a friend on Facebook!  Ha ha.. maybe I overreacted just a tad?

A few months ago I bought a whole bag full of these twiney/string rolls.  I loved the vintage charm, and as you can see I planned on putting them in a cloche on my mantel.


You can by these things by the bag full for only 99 Cents!!  Score!! 


Anyhow, as I was taking each of them out of the bag, I noticed stuff crammed inside of a few of the rolls.  Two of them had mini rolls (I was so excited at this point)  it was like a gift that kept on giving, even though I bought it myself... does that even make any sense? 

OK, moving on.... the third spool had what looked to be lace tucked inside.  I started to pull it out and realized it was really really crammed in there.  One I got it out, this is what I started to see.  Someone had started a project and placed it inside the spool they were using.  It was still attached to the roll!!


OK, so all jokes set aside... I squealed really loud.  I was actually pretty bummed that my 6 and 8 year old were the only ones home, and I knew they would not appreciate the beauty in this.... so where to turn?  Why Facebook of course.  I am sure most of you reading this probably just wanted to see what the hype was about. 

Look at this beauty....  it was 3 pcs all hooked together.  It looks like bunting, which got me instantly thinking.  What shall I do with this?


Aha!  Use it to adorn thy mantel of course....  I LOVE IT!!  (screaming from the rooftops)


It looks amazing next to the very rolls it was created from!!  Here is another close of look at my new love.


OK, so truthfully... did I overreact?  Would you like this find?  Or would you have tossed it out??


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Kept it! I know if I accidentally have away something like that, I'd be happy to know the finder enjoyed it.

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!