Sunday, April 1, 2012

An Industrial Dream {boys room makeover}

I am so excited to say that this post is about a project that we dove into spontaneously, one week ago today.  Last Sunday I woke up, and was home with just my son.  I had this wild idea to spend the day with him working on his room.  I had no idea what was about to come of this...

We started looking at my Pinterest page I had started for inspiration for his room, and he was SET on having a brick wall in his new room.  This picture is what started the whole thing.  

                                                   Source:


Today's post is going to be the before and afters, and in the days to come I will share all of the details and tutorials.

The before pictures are not glamorous, and to be honest look a little odd.  As you know we had a 14 year old living with us and within the last month we moved him into our daughters room so that he could have his own room.  So it's a very pink 14 year old boys room....  ack!


 BEFORE:
 AFTER:
 BEFORE:
 AFTER:
 BEFORE:
 AFTER:
 BEFORE:
 AFTER:


And there you have it!  He is loving every ounce of his new room.  We still have Lot's of decorating and organizing to do. But not too shabby for one week, on top of working full time!


Be sure to check out where I like to Party, by clicking here!

18 comments:

Amy Fountain said...

Your boys must love their new room. Great job!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What a beautiful job you have done on this room. I love the color and the accents that you used. Megan

KC Coake said...

Wow, what a change. Looks great!
KCoake
www.realcoake.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a facelift!!!!!!!!!!!! You must have a lot of energy , your ideas are very creative... I love the boarder shapes and numbers and the brick is out of this world!!!! Can't wait to see how you did it! Way to go! I am a new follower and I found you through Link it up-Pink Cricut! Nice to meet you! I am Naomi from over at Creative Bug on the Loose.

Paula said...

That looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing at our link up!!

~The REAL Housewives of Riverton

Rebekah said...

LOVE IT!! I am sure your son doesn't want to come out of his room ever! Great job!

Thanks for linking up today!

http://craftyteachermom.blogspot.com

Alison Meade said...

It looks great, especially that brick wall!
Our Beautify It Monday link party is open now and we'd love for you to link this up!

http://bringingbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/04/beautify-it-monday-2.html

L.B. said...

WOW!!! This is amazing..how did you do thecool brick thing

Jenn said...

It looks SO amazing!! Looking forward to seeing all of the tutorials for the room - especially the bricks. Did you seriously do that all in ONE week??? I have been working on my master bedroom for a couple of months now. Great, great job! Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Spark - I'll be featuring this on my Facebook page. Have a great week!
Jenn :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great room! I love the brick wall!

Visiting from the Wow Me Wednesday party at Ginger Snap Crafts. I will be back since I'm your newest follower. :)

sara @ applestonedrive.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love your boys room very inspiring!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Can't wait to hear more, especially about that brick wall!

Pink Cricut said...

WOW~ LOVE IT!! So glad he has an un-pink room :)

Richella Parham said...

What an awesome idea! The brick makes it look so cool and awesome--just right for boys! Great job!

Thank you for joining Grace at Home! I really appreciate it.

Jenna said...

The brick wall and that light fixture are just FAB! I'm loving anything industrial nowadays. :)

idesign said...

amazing!!!!

jackie
http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

The room looks amazing! What a great project to tackle together.

Danielle said...

This is so fantastic. I love the light and the board and batten. Fantastic.

www.2littlesuperheroes.com

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!