Sunday, July 29, 2012

Living Room Reveal {small changes}


I am so excited to finally be able to reveal a little project I have been working on for a few weeks. 

If you follow me on Facebook, then you got to see this reveal picture:

photo-25

My living room has always been the one room that seemed finished.  So why oh why did I go and mess it all up?   Well… I went shopping at my favorite local home décor shop called Real Deals.  All my local readers should go check it out, I PROMISE you will not be dissapointed.  And Jamie the owner is amazing!  Check out her facebook page by clicking here.

Ok… so I was in there one day and saw this set of 3 absolutely adorable lamps.

Pinned Image

  (see the pattern in the sneak peek photo)  I only bought one, because truly, I did not need even one more lamp.  I thought it would look great on my dresser in my bedroom .

So I bought it, got it home and realized it was too tall.  *shaking fist to the sky… I REALLY wanted this lamp!

I had no idea what I was going to do with the lamp,  and was so bummed out.  My girlfriend Heather just happened to mention… “hey, put it in your living room”

My eyes lit up with excitement, as I hauled the lamp out there.  It was like fireworks in my head. I had a vision, and just started to work. The rest is history…. so here you go. 

BEFORE:
 

 

AFTER:
photo-26
photo-27

photo-28
photo-31

These are a few entry way photos, and of my finished family command center:

photo-30photo-32photo-34photo-36photo-37photo-38

It’s just so inviting when you open the front door!



Ok back to some of the other details.

This is a group of thrifted candle holders that got a shabby coat of Rustoleum Heirloom White spray paint, with the exception of the green ceramic one.  I grabbed that off of the half price rack at Real Deals… cost me $4.50!

photo-40

These amazing frames and accessories are also from Real Deals…  I am telling you, stop what you are doing and run over there.  Wait!!  Finish reading this first, please!

photo-41

I found this old window, the shelf and jars all at thrift stores, and then scored the adorable metal cart at a garage sale for $2!!!   Oh man I was excited, and my husband did not hesitate loading it up either.  He is great!

photo-42photo-43photo-44photo-45

Below my gallery wall is a console table that opens up into a desk.  I never open it up, but I do use it for storage.  On top is where our phone is, and where I keep all of our bills and such.  I recently purchased several items from the Martha Stewart office line, and got myself super organized.

Inside my aqua notebook, I have my menu plan, calendar, bill pay schedule, and my blog planner.  My white “file” box is where I file all paid bills and and other home documents I need to keep.  It’s beauty with a purpose!  Love!

photo-46photo-48

If you noticed in my before pictures, my end tables were the same color as the wood floor.  They are now heirloom white.  They probably made the biggest impact on the room, and I could not be happier.

photo-49

I have also started a collection of white pitchers.  The large one in the back was given to me from my great friend Krista, and the rest were purchased from various thrift stores.  Both of the vintage jars were garage sale finds.

photo-50

I purchased the new white curtains from IKEA, and instantly knew they were perfect for this room.  I sprayed the medallions on the wall in heirloom white.  (are you surprised?)

photo-52photo-53

More goodies on the mantel that I purchased from Real Deals

photo-54photo-55
photo-51

I am in love with all of my thrifty transformations, and the final color scheme of the room.  It is so much brighter, and makes me happy every time I walk into the room.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and don’t forget to check out all of the parties I link up to by clicking here.


4 comments:

Kelley said...

Hi...found you through thriftydecorchick. Love all the changes to your living room (need to look into getting me some heirloom white spray white - what a difference!). One question - where did you find the galvanized file folder? I love all things galvanized and would love one for my back foyer! Thanks so much!

-Kelley @ mainstreetmakeover.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love your family command center! I need one of those. Beautiful room. You've done a lovely job.
~FringeGirl

Finding Home said...

My goodness you have been one busy girl! Thanks so much for sharing your project at our link party - it is all so lovely and pulled the room together in such a welcoming way. Take care, Laura

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

I just love how spray paint helped you with your living room after!

Thanks so much for sharing at our spray paint link party!

:)

Linda

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!