Sunday, March 24, 2013

Girls Room Makeover {Chevron Walls}


 I have to be honest, I am so embarrassed to show you these before pictures.  Truly!

Over the last year my daughter has been living in what used to be a really fun little boys room. We mad the switch because her trundle bed fit better with the layout of this bedroom.  When we did the switch, things got hectic, and all we got done was spackling the massive spots on the walls... that was it.  FAIL!

So like all room makeovers, we started with our inspiration for the room.  She chose two colors from her existing bedding, and we got right to work.  I should also mention that I spring this on my husband on a Friday night...  no plans before what so ever!


 He got right to work.  So fast that I almost missed out on before pictures, so I just started snapping them at that point.

So awful looking... ick!
 




I sat down and created a sketch of how the chevron wall was going to be done.  There are plenty of tutorials on Pinterest, so I will skip that part.  It's truly pretty simple.
 

We got all of the white painted along with the aqua.  The bottom half of the aqua has some plans for board and batten.
 

On Saturday we taped our Chevron stripes after all other paint had plenty of time to dry.
 

Ok, I am going to share my tips for perfect strips.  Spend the extra money and buy frog tape, and Behr Ultra paint (only need one coat).  Then paint each strip one at a time, removing the tape while its wet.  They come out perfect every time!  



Moving on to the board and batten.  Again, head to Pinterest for a plethora of tutorials.  While Allen worked on that, I was working on some of the decor.
 

SO MUCH FUN!!
 

Here it is!  Completed by 10pm Sunday night!  Two and a half days!!!!
 

And the latest addition, Santa delivered the most pefect funky chandelier. It sparkles like magic!!
  

Thanks for stopping by!  I'd be happy to share specifics, just leave me a comment!

Photobucket 


9 comments:

Crafts a la Mode said...

This is one awesome makeover! I love the before pictures, too. It's so much more fun when there is a big difference, don't you think? I'd love to have you link this to What to do Weekends Party. This is one awesome Weekend project. Take care, Linda

http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/03/what-to-do-weekends-11.html

Jill said...

The room looks amazing! You did such a great job!

At Number 32 said...

She must be so thrilled with her new room. Great job :)

Hi I'm Amanda said...

Looks fabulous momma!

Abby @ Just a Girl and Her Blog said...

This turned out so cute! I bet she LOVES it! I found you at Not JUST a Housewife-- thanks for sharing!

~Abby =)

Kelly said...

Beautiful! This whole room is so fresh and fun. I'm crazy about the colors you've chosen! Thanks so much for linking this up to Monday Funday!

Kelly @ View Along the Way
www.viewalongtheway.com

KC Coake said...

What a great transformation! Great that it didn't take tons of time either!
KC

Mandy Hank said...

Oh but the before pictures make the after pictures so much better- it's adorable. I know my 9 year old little girl would be in love with this room- great job!
Just wanted to stop in from Show me what you got!

Mandy @ The Hankful House

Lorraine @ Cooking for Prince Charming said...

This is AWESOME! I'm a little bit jealous of her room! :) Even the decorations are super cute.

I notice you're an Oregonian (Go Ducks!)! I am too :) Now a new follower!!

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!