Welcome back readers! Today I am going to share with you a DIY project that we tackled for our front office. I shared our office makeover with you a couple days ago here, and today I want to go into detail about how we came to a decision on what to use for the reception counter.
It all started with this not so awesome counter that was pulled from the original building, and was headed for the TRASH!
Hideous? YES! I had the best vision for this, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't take a little convincing from everyone else around. I kept repeating "just trust me".
We started by removing the door in the center and cleaning it up. Then we started adding some trim pieces and added some leftover bead board from the office remodel. We gave it a coat of the perfect white paint and in no time I was falling in love. We left the original counter top attached to use as a base.
Once we knew what we were going to be using for the counter top, I purchased some chunky corbels and we attached them to the front.
For the counter top, we purchased a 4x8 sheet of cabinet grade plywood, along with some oak moulding for the trim. Once we had it secured we gave it 2 coats of minwax stain, and topped it with 3 coats of poly. Remember, this is a construction office and we need it to stand up to men for a while.
You can see below that we added a shelf to the center portion that originally had doors. This unit was not only going to serve the purpose of the front counter, but also has a load of storage!
And there you have it! For the cost of trim, paint and plywood we have an amazing new front counter that we saved from the dump!
Thanks for stopping by today.
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin. And be sure to check out all the places I love to party each week here in blog land!