Friday, February 27, 2015

February Craft Club

 
It is that time again!  February Craft Club was a huge success.  I have had such an overwhelming response that this month I ended up doing 2 workshops in one day.  I am forever grateful for the outpouring of support from my old friends and new friends with this crafty endeavor. 
 
This month we built sign/wreath stands inspired by the very talented ladies over at Shanty-2-Chic!  We modified it just a tad, but you can find the full tutorial for the project here.
 
 
 
 
 Originally I was only going to allow for 16 attendees because that is the amount I can comfortably fit in the space.  In the end I had a total of 19 women attend and we built a total of 28 stands!  My sweet husband helped get all of the wood precut and I had to snap a picture of the beautiful pile!
 
 
 
 
Over the course of about a week I spent time gathering supplies and getting them all sorted and organized for the ladies.  I ended up going back to Lowes and buying them out of the finials.  Sorry to anyone else in Lane County wanting to build this!
 
 
Because we were going to be painting, sanding and building, we decided it was best to protect our new floors by laying paper down.  Smart move, all the ladies had fun and didn't have to worry about getting messy.
 
 
The first set of ladies were here from 2-4pm and there was only 6, so it was pretty quiet.  I must say it was a change from the normal craft club group, but it was a great time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I then had the 2nd workshop from 6-8pm, which typically turns into 9pm and sometimes as late as midnight!  I love my midnight crafters!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Some of these women went wild over the thought of using power tools, and I don't blame them!  I can't wait to start incorporating more of them into my workshops!
 
 
At the end of the night, this nice gentleman (the Hubby) had to come rescue a crafter who was busy building this stand for a fellow crafter that couldn't make it. 
 
 
 
Of course he had a solution to her problem and was on his way!
 
 
 
 
At the end of the night it is my goal to get a picture of everyone with their completed projects although sometimes we all forget!  Here are some of them on their way out the door!
 
 
 
 
These ladies did not want to be seen in their "grubby" clothes that I had instructed them to wear.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And here are a few of the posts in their new homes.  I love when my crafters send me pictures of their crafts in use!
 
 
 
This month was such a success and I cannot wait to do it again in March!  I also have some VERY exciting new coming up in the next week that I am dying to share with you all.  I truly never thought I would be on this journey of crafting and friendship with such amazing support!  So thank YOU for being just that!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Please be sure to follow me on Pinterest and Facebook, and head over here to see where I like to party each week!
 
I hope you have a fantastic DIY day!


Photobucket

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Your craft club looks like so much fun! Now I want to make one of those for my front porch...they're SO pretty!

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!