Friday, February 19, 2010

1st Grade Recycle project! SO FUN!

My son Gage is in the 1st grade at Adams Elementary School, and absolutely loves it! So far he has had 2 VERY amazing teachers, and loves going to school every morning, and as a mom, this is GREAT!!

Last week he was sent home with a Recycle project as his homework! I could not have been happier!

Here are the things he and I came up with! This was right up my alley, and I had so many ideas, but this was his project, so he got to decide on his own!

Starbucks Utensil caddy! Materials: 2 Dannon yogurt boxes, packing tape, black spray paint, 4 starbucks cups, toilet paper, pens & colored pencils!

Book / Magazine Holders! Materials: 3 cereal boxes, hot glue and black spray paint!

Flower Vase! Materials: 7 Yougurt smoothie containers, hot glue, yellow spray paint, 7 silk flowers!

Here is a picture of it without the flowers!




Cardboard Stencils! Materials: Misc. food/beverage boxes, cricut, binder ring!

As you can see, there are SO many different useful things to do with recycles, I would love to hear about or see some of your ideas!!

The starbucks caddy was such a hit in the classroom, that I am actually going to modify this, and make it even more useful!! So keep your eyes peeled for that project!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!