Saturday, February 20, 2010

Savvy Saturday!

My good friend Heather and I spent the day building and painting!
We started out at Bring Recyling, and picked up a couple of old bi-fold closet doors:

And Wala! After a trip to home depot, and a couple hours of building and painting, Heather has an absolutely amazing headboard! Total Spent: $15.00

I picked this beauty up on Monday at Value Village for $7, I had planned on keeping it as a wall cabinet until the last minute...

When I flipped it over on the table, i had the vision of a custom charging station. We have more than 3 electronics to charge, so the store bought ones never really work, plus this has storage for power cords, head phones, extra SD cards and more!! Total spent :$20.00

And there you have it! A super savvy saturday!!

I am linking to the following Parties:

http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/2010/10/frugal-friday.html

and

http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2010/10/before-and-after-party-buh-bye-ceiling.html

9 comments:

Krystal said...

wow that turned out to be amazing you are one crafty chica!

Joy said...

So Clever! Beautiful work. I would have never thought to do a charging station.
♥ Joy

Here On Crow Creek said...

That is amazing! I luv that!

Sandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy said...

Why do I never think to flip something over to see how it looks that way? Must remember to do that....

~*yOuNiQuE727*~ said...

You are amazing! I never would have thought of any of these ideas.

Liz said...

Love the bi-fold door to headboard transformation.

Unknown said...

Thank you! We had a budget that day of $75, and came across those doors at a used home improvement store for $2 each!! We were well under budget!

Mad Crafter said...

the wall cabinet transformation is simply amazing, you really did it justice by giving it a new lease in life .. the new look is classy and modern ... I love it!

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!