Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Secret Addiction!

Tonight I found myself in the kitchen waiting for my homemade chicken noodle soup to finish cooking, and went looking for a container to put leftovers in for lunch for tomorrow. And to my suprise i could not find a match for the life of me! So, I said to myself "Jenn, this is not right, nor is this you" It was that second that I opened my cupboard doors and pulled EVERYTHING out!! Well at least in the plastics dept... here is what I was sitting in the middle of.......

OK, so that picture doesn't look too bad, the bad part is that I was only about half way there!! And this my folks is why my Tupperware lady loves me!!! And I think I love her more :)

I started to sort thru everything and find all the matches and realized I truly have a problem/addiction to plastic. For example, These are JUST freezer containers..... so WHY are they in the cabinets?????

These are for my childrens lunches, and I only have 2 of them that take lunch to school?!?!


These are all produce containers, but do you think you will find one in the fridge?? Nada! Oh, and dont let the picture fool you, there are about 13 of them there!
Here is everything all nicely tucked away, all matched up! (yes, it drives the hubby crazy that I do this) but it makes life looking for tupperware much more enjoyable!!





OK, so I have shown you my un-used stock of plastic, now let's be fair and show you where the true addiction lies......
This my friends is my Pasta and cereal stash............ aaahhhh so lovely.........

This is my spice/baking area.............



And this is what is currently on top of my fridge until we do our remodel...........

So, what do you say?? A little OCD? Many people drool over the organization, but really what do you think??? I would love to come do this to anyones houses too.... it gives me a high to play with plastic and a label maker! Ha
Oh, and one more thing... as a reminder to myself why we are going to tear apart our 59 year old kitchen... just scroll back through the photos and look at those gnarly cabinets!! March can't be here soon enough!!!


And one last picture for good measure......


Thanks for stopping by and leaving some comment love!






8 comments:

SkinnyMeg said...

Wow, you do have a lot! Your just an organizer at heart, tupperware looks much better than a crap ton of boxes and bags sitting around :)

Unknown said...

I would like to say that I was destined to be a professional organizer, but I am trapped in the company concrete business.... so now I can just play with organizing! And, everytime I open my pantry I am still amazed at how good all that plastic really looks!

Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

your pantry looks good! You sure have a lot of lunch containers. We all have something we like to hoard! I like to hoard shoes.

I am having a new giveaway from an etsy store called skeldesign. Notepads with checklist to get organized.
check it out.
http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/01/notepads-that-make-organizing-fun.html

Anonymous said...

My cabinets look similar. Love the look of lined up Tupperware!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

How funny! I guess you are right, you do have a MILD addiction. lol. With three kids in the house, I have a lot plasticware too, but on a recent trip to a friends house, I discovered that she didn't own one piece of plastic in her kitchen!!! (no kids!!!) I didn't know people could live like that! Ha ha

**Erin** said...

If you are ever in the Philadelphia, Pa area, feel free to drop in and organize my house! Love it! :)

Lesley said...

I love it. I have a ton of Tupperware too. I actually became a consultant just to get all the stuff for myself. I now own just about everything in they make besides some of the knives and I don't have any of the cookware. I posted a bit about my pantry tupperware on my blog here... http://lesleyslovinglyliftedlife.wordpress.com/2011/01/10/tupperware-the-pantry-cabinets/
You are making me want to lay out and photograph the rest of the madness. There is so much in my tupperware containers cabinet that are empty... tons of fridge smarts in the fridge and I have so much of the cake taker huge-ish stuff that is scattered all over the tops of the cabinets. I love the stuff.. but it takes up so much space.
Thanks for sharing... enjoyed seeing that I am not the only one with a slight tupperware issue. :)

Tristin said...

Im so jealous of your organizational gene. I didnt get that one :( lol!

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!