Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Walking in a Winter Wonderland { First Grade Style }

I was asked to help plan the First grade party in my daughters classroom this year, with one very big detail.  NO CHRISTMAS!  Of course this had my brain going for a couple days as far as a theme, and then it came to me!

I would use the party stuff from our carnival party, and make it a "Winter Wonderland" theme!!  Perfect!

And what is so perfect for a Winter Wonderland?  Hot Chocolate!!   Here are a few pictures from the party!  Enjoy!  My Best friend and I designed all of the fun prints for the party as well!





I took these pictures in a rush to be able to make it to the holiday program in the gym.  Two other moms and myself rushed in while the kids were at lunch to decorate and then rushed off to watch all the littles sing in the program!  So please forgive me if the pictures are not too detailed.
This is the "Wonderland Craft" table.  The kids each made a snowflake ornament.  The snowflakes were cut out on the cricut, with each childs photo as the center, and then they glued on silver spray painted puzzle pieces and added a touch of glitter!   They turned out adorable!



And because I am me, I had to deck out the hallway for the kids to walk through when they returned from the program!  They loved it, even Mrs. Backlund!





We set up a quick game using the cans from the carnival party, and turned it into a "snowball toss" by using white wiffle balls!  This was a HUGE hit!!  I also created a big playlist of different artists singing "Winter Wonderland" to stay with the theme and not using the word Christmas.
And to keep our 8 year tradition, we made Magic Reindeer Dust for all of the kids in the class!
  Such a hit!  I used my Cricut Imagine to cut out the top not using My Minds Eye paper, and then used my E2 with the Jolly Holidays cart to cut out the Reindeer.  I then added a red glitter nose and a black eye by hand along with his little red scarf!  Soooo cute!




I hope you enjoyed our little party photos!  The kids had a blast, and so did the parents!

I am linking up to these wonderful blogs:
Thrifty Decorating, Thrifty Thursday
Clean &Scentsible's Creative Spark Party
Gluesticks, Get Your Brag On!


IhookedupwithHoHlamespice

Somewhat Simple

5 comments:

Melissa N. said...

very very cute! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Fun party!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you guys went all out! What a beautiful party! I would be elated if this were in my classroom! :-)

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

Just adorable! Great job! It's very difficult to come up with a neutral holiday theme and yours is just perfect.

Frogs, Fairies, and Lesson Plans said...

You are one talented lady! Your photos are beautiful, and your ideas will help me SO much! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!