Friday, July 6, 2012

DIY MRE Meal Kits {Free Printable}


Today I am sharing a little detail from my sons ARMY party.  Today’s post is all about the food.

IMG_1320

When you think of ARMY what food do you think of?  I know I think of those brown paper package’s dropped from the sky.  The real term for them is an MRE - Meal Ready to Eat.
 

All you do is add water and you have a delightful meal. I thought for the party I could order some online (link above), but I also thought the kids really might not like what’s inside.

So what does this crafty mom do?  Design my own!  Ok, well I found the design I wanted, and then handed it over to my trusty best friend to do her graphic design magic.  Yes, truly magic!!

photo-24

She found the most perfect fonts, and created these in no time.

I had her design two, one that says Ham, and one that says Turkey.

I found the perfect brown food Box on Amazon.

Inside the Boxes I created perfect meal kits for growing 9 year old boys.

Build your own sandwiches.  Each kit had 2 slices of bread, one slice of cheese, and two slices of meat.  Each in their own baggies to prevent soggy bread.  As for condiments I purchased individual packets of mayonnaise (Kraft Real Mayo)and mustard (Heinz Mild Mustard) .

IMG_1321

Each kit also got a squeeze applesauce, granola bar, bag of chips and a Wet Ones!  It was the perfect combo for the boot campers!

IMG_1366

With the warm weather and these active boys, I made the call to serve ice cold water.  Now, not just plain old water, but ARMY water.   What’s ARMY water you ask??

IMG_1322

ARMY water is nothing other than old fashioned tap water (we have excellent water here in Oregon) served in an authentic military Canteen !!

IMG_1323

These were a HUGE hit!  I chose to use a sharpie to write names, rather than a label, due to the fact that I knew they would get pretty wet and gross during the course of the day.

Here is the best part of this post!  I have the printable MRE labels available for FREE!!   You can use them with the Avery labels ???? or full sheet labels and just cut them out.

All you need to do is click on the link below, and print!!


You can also check out my post for DIY Screen printing and see how I made their army shirts. And also check out the full ARMY party.

Thank you to my readers for stopping by today.   Don't forget to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest, and you can find me on Instagram and Periscope @OneThriftyChick and on Twitter @JennJSheffler.



Photobucket


Come Join me weekly at the following Parties:

 
                Mad in Crafts
Wednesday: Gingersnap Crafts,

7 comments:

Lissa said...

Such a cute idea! What an amazing birthday party you put together. I'm planning my boys' super spy party for later this month. Pinned your idea to Pinterest too...

MonicaB said...

This is an awesome idea for a birthday party! Having three boys I can see using this. I love the meal packs - great way to serve the food.

Pink Cricut said...

Adorable idea! I might have to use this for my son someday- but... I don't think we have a store that carries those boxes around here- I'll have to do some research!

Unknown said...

Fine method of telling, and enjoyable article to acquire factual statements. X MRE Meals

historypak said...

Awesome substance material and extraordinary format. Your site merits the majority of the positive input it's been getting. MRE Giant

james said...

I imagine that much obliged for the valuabe data and bits of knowledge you have so given here. Eversafe MREs

2009 DREAM said...

This is a brilliant web journal. I would not joke about this. You have such a great amount of information about this issue, thus much energy. You likewise know how to make individuals rally behind it, clearly from the reactions. XMRE Meals

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!