Thursday, September 26, 2013

Vintage Stool Makeover

 Hey Readers!  I've been going through my photos and have found a few fun treasures that I have never shared.

One being these fun Vintage stools that I pick up at a garage sale for $1 each!  I was on cloud 9, but had no clue what I was going to do with them.

But truly, who would pass these up for a whole $1??


Admittedly they did sit for a few weeks and then it dawned on me that I had purchased a bolt of this adorable Dick and Jane oil cloth at our local Goodwill.  It was marked $3.99, but just happened to be 50% off again.  And when I bought that, I also had no clue what I would use it for.  But again, couldn't pass it up.

Guess what?  It was JUST what I wanted for my stools.  I wanted some fun stools for my children to use at their homework stations (to be built).  Bingo!

I don't have step by step photos, but I took apart the original seat covers and literally threw together a pattern and made new ones within 30 minutes.  Don't look closely because they are not perfect.  

I spray painted the frames, and put them back together and they were perfect!


Here is a fun side by side before and after shot!


That's it for today!  Don't forget to head over to Facebook and follow me there and be sure to check out all of the places I like to party all week long by clicking here.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're simply amazing! I love these stools! Especially the Dick and Jane theme!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a deal! Love the colorful and clever way you made them beautiful again.

Unknown said...

Too cute! I love a good find to makeover!
Blessings,
Patti

Atta Girl Amy said...

Simply adorable. What a great find all around. These would look terrific in a child's playroom.

Unknown said...

Great makeover! Very fun fabric and the paint colors look wonderful!

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

Oh I love these so very much, that oil cloth seat is perfection! I'll be featuring this on Thursday, thank you for sharing at the Pinworthy Project Party!

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

LOVE IT! You are my kinda gal. Terrific transformation. Thanks for linking up to Tickled Pink Times Two!!
Make it a pink day!

Jenni said...

These turned out great - the colors - the oil cloth (super jealous of that find) - nice job!

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!