Friday, April 3, 2015

Craft Club's New Home {The CRAFT House}

Even typing the title for this post feels so surreal.  To think that Craft club started 3 years ago with a group of about 6 women, and has grown into something so amazing is so hard to believe.
 
 
 
After an 8 month break for personal reasons and debating on continuing with this venture on my own, things have become greater than I had ever imagined.  With the new space in our home I was able to hold events with 16 women at one time. 
 
After November, the demand grew much larger.  In December I had a total of 33 women come and create throughout the day.  In February, the demand was so high that I decided to hold two workshops in one day. 
 
The ability to reach 32 women and encourage and teach new crafty tips and tricks makes my heart happy.
 
 
 
 
Moving into April, I have a sign-up list that has 3 spaces left out of 32, and 4 on a wait list!  After long talks and dreaming with my husband, we decided that it was time to turn this into something bigger.
 
Each month we prepare the house, set-up tables and chairs, pull out supplies and transform the place into the best craft room possible.  My husband and the kids are then sent out for the night to go have some fun time with Dad, which has now turned into an all day thing with the added workshop.  Not super convenient for anyone.
 
 
My family has a few commercial properties in town which gave me the perfect opportunity to find a great spot to move The CRAFT House.  We pondered a few ideas with each other and with family and finally set our hearts on what we believe will become a perfect fit.
 
The before pictures that I am about to show you are less than stellar, but if you are like me, you'll have the greatest vision for this space.
 
 Looking in to the left from the front door   Looking down to the front door
 
 
 
 
 
 Looking straight in from the front door  Standing opposite from the front door
 
 
 
 
 
 Looking out from the kitchen      Looking up from the front door
 
 
 
 This is the main space where most demo will happen
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Looking in from the kitchen     Looking out from the bathroom into kitchen
 
 
 
 
 
 Wall Up..........               Wall down.....
 
 Front Door is on the Left, main space being opened up
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 The front door is on the right (after demo)
 
 This picture is taken from the kitchen door looking out into the main space.  The doorway onto the right will lead into the supply room.  That means more space for crafting in the main space.
 
Looking into the supply room.  
 
 
Did you happen to notice all of the cabinets piled into the corner in any of the last photos?  Well, in one of the most recent property purchases there was a large dental office that still had all of the fixtures.  The new tenants have no need for these items which meant they were coming out.  Of course I jumped at the chance and said I have a perfect home for them!
 
 
 
 
 
They might not be super pretty, but they are going to provide so much functional storage that you'll look right back the institutional green color.  I told you, I have a vision.
 
Now that I have an official home for craft club, I have been stocking up on materials and supplies that I didn't have the space to store before.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Over the last month or two I have also been busy organizing and packing up supplies as well as shopping for new fun things for the space.  So before I leave you I want so share some pure eye candy, I am so excited to start moving into the new space!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That is all for today!  Things are moving right along in the craft house, so be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest as well as Instagram @onethriftychick to see sneak peeks of the project.  Also, be sure to head over here and see where I like to party each week!
 
Thank you for stopping by, Have an amazing day!!
 
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!